Classes are a way to identify your items and instances, and categorize them further by using Attributes.
You can create three types of classes:
- Object – a class which is used for object instances.
- Tag – used to classify items as a whole.
- Relationship – a class that allows you to link instances together by further classifying their correlation.
You can create and manage classes and attributes by going to the Classes section under the Setup tab. Learn more.
When in the Text Editor, you can assign a class to the item you’re looking at. You may also assign attributes, if the class has any.
You can assign a class in a number of ways.
- In the Text Editor, create an instance with any annotation tool (except the Free text tag).
- Right-click the instance to open up a menu or find the instance in the Right panel.
- Select a class from the dropdown.
- Select attributes, if applicable.
Select a class from the Default class feature in the left panel before you annotate. Your annotation tools will now automatically assign the selected class to any new instances you create.
- In the Text Editor, select the Eyedropper tool. (If you can’t see it, press
Ion your keyboard or right-click on the Free text tag tool to find it).
- Click on the instance that has a class you want to replicate. The Eyedropper tool will change to the Bucket tool.
- With the Bucket, click on the instances you want to assign the selected class to.
- After you’ve used the Bucket tool, if you switch to other tools then back to the Bucket, it will keep using the last class you selected with the Eyedropper.
- You can manually switch to the Bucket tool from the left panel, or by pressing
Bon your keyboard.
You can change a class or attribute by right-clicking the instance or finding it in the right panel. From the class/attribute dropdown, select a different option.
To remove a class or attribute:
- Right-click the instance you want to change, or find it in the right panel.
- Click the X corresponding to the class name or attribute to remove it.
Updated 14 days ago